Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's disgusting.

So it's been awhile since I've blogged and my mom is worried.  Well, she was worried...until she called to see why I hadn't blogged in a couple weeks. I explained to her that I was going to blog about this thing, but every time I would start it, I would throw up in my mouth.

So while I have an empty stomach, I am going to forge ahead and get through this story (I'm going to make it as short as possible, you know...as to not puke).

About a week and a half ago, I was all alone at work (just the tiniest bit stressed). I was exhausted and dramatically put my left hand down on my desk. Post-putting my hand down on my desk, I then turned into a teenager in high school and propped my head up...only to quickly pull it away.

Why did I pull my hand so quickly, you ask??

Well, my dear blog-reader, I pulled my hand away quickly because I realized that at that moment I had put disgusting mucus on my face. Someone else's mucus on my face. 

Someone had snotted on my desk....and that snot made it to my face....

You know those slow-motion moments of your life? Many times they are great, but other times...well, they are not so great. When I close my eyes, I still see my slow-motion hand being pulled away from my face and then my fingers being spread to reveal they are still strung together with foreign boogers. 



Needless to say, I went home soon after and took an hour long shower. I then met Thomas out for sushi (not that the sushi part has anything to do with snot). It's sad that Sushi 101 will now forever been linked to boogies in my mind. 

1 comment:

whatnot said...

How did mucous get on your desk? Ewww. Yeah….that ranks pretty high on the disgust-o-meter. It’s way worse than finding gum under a table. It’s even nastier than picking what you think is dried mud off your shoe, only to discover it's dog poop.

I did witness something rather horrifying once that rivals your experience. At a rock concert in a large arena someone puked all over the seat, the stairs and the hand railing. The maintenance guy cleaned up the seat and the steps, but didn’t see it on the handrail. So my friend and I sat there and watched to see how many people grabbed the vomit-laden rail. You would think that I might take pity on the potential victims and warn them, but no, I’m not that nice. In my defense, however, it happened a long time ago when I was much younger and before I knew better. I think it was 2006.