Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My guess is that this has never happened to you...

(Yes, mom. I will embarrass you.)

So I talked to my mom tonight and she informed me that one of her favorite bands (House of Heroes) Tweeted (or Twittered??) that they bought a new van for touring. Random fact, right? The reason that she shared this bit of information is because the band named the van after her. I'm going to venture to say that this only happens once in a person's life.

Sooo...props to momzy for being so cool that a band of 20-somethings named a vehicle after you. I'm going to believe that they named it after you because you're awesome and not because you're very, very white.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I was looking for bloggers in Charlotte and loved seeing your take on that dumb looking Julia Roberts movie, I will not pick up the book. Thanks. Then happened to see a picture of guys I went to high school with. I guess I didn't realize how popular they actually are! Small world.

whatnot said...

Good grief. Could I look any stupider in that picture...with that goofy, cheesey, fan-girly grin on my face? Ugh. That was taken over a year ago. I really need to get a new picture with my favorite band.

By the way....anyone with excellent taste in music needs to check out the new Suburba disc by House of Heroes...it is the best thing I've heard all year. Pop it in your car, roll down the windows and crank it up.

Megan--well, they're not Kings of Leon or Muse yet, but I'd love to see them achieve that level of success. They deserve it.