Saturday, October 30, 2010

The things left behind...

I've been trying to write this blog for almost a week now....I just haven't been able to find the words.

For the last few months, I've gotten used to coming home and either having dinner ready or having the ability to vent about my day...or (on really special nights) both. I've gotten used to waking up before my alarm goes off to the sound of someone showering (I'm actually thinking about paying someone to come to my house and turn on the shower 30 minutes before I wake up...it's a lot more soothing than waking up to a screeching alarm). I've gotten used to someone being around. I've gotten used to a much bigger TV. I've gotten used to a fridge filled with actual food (instead of just string cheese, expired yogurt, and Diet Coke). Not only did I get used to those things...I actually loved them.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I may have some abandonment issues, but I find it pretty crazy that my life seemed to turn upside down the very same week that one of my very best friends...the friend that I have thrown everything at for the last three years...moved away. It really is crazy how much your life can change in one week. You can be headed in one direction and then suddenly you are faced with decisions you never thought you would have to make. I don't even like deciding what to eat for dinner, now I have to decide what I want for my life...without the person around that has the most insanely awesome listening skills on the planet.

Don't get me wrong. I want Chris to be happy and if moving to Kansas is what makes him happy, then so be it. Make no mistake, though...there are so many things that he left behind (which includes, but is certainly not limited to, the Notre Dame jersey hanging up by the washer and dryer).

No comments: