Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday Thoughts.

I was thinking that the title of this post sounded stupid, so I just went with it. Why not...right?

Sadie...
As you know (well, as you should know as long as you read the previous post), Sadie fell off a chair on Sunday and broke her baby femur. They (I'm going to assume that "they" are women who have both given birth and broken their femur) say that on a scale of 1-10, childbirth is a 9 and breaking your femur is a 10. Soooo...needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), 25 years from now (give or take 5 years), Sadie will be able to birth a child like a pro.
The thing that haunts me is her little drugged voice crying, "I want dowwwwwn..."
At two years old, she can't vocalize that she's bored and wants to move. She just cries and says she wants down. Although, she may be saying that because she feels high as a kite, but still...the poor thing will be stuck for 6 weeks.

Penelope (aka "A New Niece Without a Broken Leg")...
Tomorrow, at 2:30 EST, Penelope Mae Rogers will make her way into the world. I'm convinced that she will have big eyes and red hair. The perfect combination of Jade and Zack.
Penelope is in there...
Zack's best friend Adam spent entirely too much time with his Paintbrush app.


Drinking games...
The other day in school there was a lot of chatter about nonsense (as there always seems to be). My two school chums and I decided that we'd make a drinking game out of it (or a pretend drinking game out of it...since drinking at 9am in school is discouraged).
Here are the rules:
Anytime someone mentions their child - Take a shot
Anytime someone mentions their significant other - Take a shot
Anytime someone says, "That's what I'm sayin'!" - Take a shot

Just so you know, within 30 minutes I had hypothetically ingested 42 shots. Needless to say...if we were really consuming alcohol, I would've been dead by 9:30am.


Stats...
I've never noticed this before, but when I sign in to blogger.com, it has a tab that says "Stats". When I clicked on it, it showed me everywhere where my blog has been accessed. I was impressed with myself when I saw that it had been accessed in Germany...and then I remembered that Emily was just in Germany for work. I instantly felt less international.

I love, love, love this picture of Emily (and a guy she stole a hat from)


I'm going to end it there. Not because I don't have any more thoughts, but because I'm hungry and I want to grill some chicken to deliciously top my salad.

No comments: