Tuesday, July 31, 2012

An Ode to Dinner Club

Disclaimer:
This is absolutely sappy and bordering on embarrassing. Please proceed at your own risk.

I wanted to take a moment to write about a group of friends that I have managed to develop a mad crush on since May of 2011.
Little did I know that when I moved into Human Resources that I would meet four women that would absolutely change my life. When I was first brought over to HR, I felt as though I had to hunker down, make no friends, and take no prisoners. Slightly dramatic? Possibly. The truth? Totally.

Throughout my first few months, I was informed by Callie who was "cool". I realize that sounds like middle school, but if you don't work for a large corporation, you may not know that there are a few moles within any organization (What is that you say? Did Sarah just reference a reality television show from 2001? Why yes...yes I did).

Every day I would be chained to my desk while these angels would stop by to see what I was up to (the answer would never change from "work"). They brought sunlight to even the gloomiest of situations. Even though three of the five of us had moved onto another organization, we have still managed to see each other on a monthly basis.

We have had theme nights, we have gone on vacation, had a zillion laughs to the point of throwing up (yeah, that has happened), a few tears (because what are friends if you can't cry with them) and we have had many (many) bottles of wine.
Dinner Club at Vivace
Courtney, Callie, Sarah, me, and Colleen

I can't tell you how thankful I am for these women. These beautiful, insane, life-long friends that I never knew were coming into my life until God tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Hey, guess what gift I have for you..."

No comments: