Monday, July 30, 2012

My one political statement of the year.

I'm not into talking about politics. No. Seriously, I'm not.

I am a firm believer in the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and while I'm working on myself, I have no right to work on your self (I'm not sure if that is grammatically correct, but I like the way it sounds).

This whole Chick-Fil-A thing has me irked, though. I think this ecard has put it best...


Okay, I hear your argument. If you're for gay marriage, you don't want someone that serves you waffle fries to tell you that you're wrong.

But let's think about this...
If that is a your argument, you should probably move out of your state if they don't recognize your beliefs and you should probably not patronize companies that give money to the political party that is opposed to your political party. Also, if you are banking customer, you're pretty much screwed because many banks give money to BOTH political parties. (AHHH! What do you do in THAT situation?!?!)

My point:
Eat your chicken and waffle fries, because they are delicious.
Shop at JCPenney and watch Ellen, because JCP has fair and square deals (is that their motto now?) and Ellen is hysterical.
I'll work on me and you work on you...and please don't tell me what I "should" or "should not" do based on your beliefs.

1 comment:

whatnot said...

You are so correct...and smart...and logical and fun and cute and adorable. Especially adorable.

Wow. I miss you.