Sunday, July 29, 2012

Check out my discovery!

I have been known to not pay attention to the plot of a TV show or movie because I'm trying to figure out who the artist is that is singing the song in the background.

Wait...can I just take a moment to say that Shazam is the greatest app of all time and absolutely worth having an iPhone for?? Okay. Thanks - I just had to get that off my chest.

So, yeah...I have been known to hear a song and get fixated on it. It actually happened twice today...once during Shallow Hal (don't judge me...I was too lazy to change the channel after The Soup). It sounded like a Hootie and the Blowfish song that I didn't even know existed. Turns out it was Darius Rucker singing This Is My World (so, yes, it was pretty much Hootie singing a song that I didn't know existed).

The second time was while I was half-watching the Olympic gymnastics coverage. They played this song during a gymnastics montage and I thought, "I think I've just discovered a new favorite artist! Who is this guy?! Man...I can't wait to introduce him to people...!!"

I hit Shazam and this is what it gave me...


Soooooooooooo yeaaaahhhh...my "big discovery" was the freaking American Idol winner that I had never actually heard before.

Nice find, Sarah...nice find...

1 comment:

whatnot said...

"Man, I can't wait to introduce him to people"
I think there are a couple open spots on the judge's panel on next year's American Idol. You have a great ear for music! You can be the next Jennifer Lopez!
:o)