Sunday, March 29, 2009

Something must be happening next door.

My random....RANDOM...thoughts of the morning...

I say that something must be happening next door because I actually just heard something slam against the wall. If I were a good neighbor, I'd go see if everything was okay. Sad thing is, I only made a mental note of the time (8:54 AM), in case dead bodies are found and I have to tell the cops something. 


I'm watching VH1 Top 20 Countdown right now. Props to Matt Nathanson for rockin' at #17 this week between The Ting Tings and Lily Allen (oh, Lily, I'm sorry that you're so tragic these days...). The new You Oughta Know artist is Carolina Liar. Being the kind of gal that loves music the first time she hears it (I didn't know this about myself until Julie pointed it out), I think I may love Carolina Liar. I'll let you know.


One more Top 20 Countdown thought...the Pussycat Dolls should not be allowed to be a group. I actually almost wrote that they shouldn't be allowed to be a band, but who are we kidding? They don't play anything. Some people may say that my disdain for the Pussycat Dolls must me rooted in jealousy, but really it's not. Well, I don't think it is....is it???


I hate that during the week it's impossible to wake up, but on the weekends (when I actually can sleep in) I'm up at 6:30. Ridiculous. 
I freaking went fell asleep last night around 2am and I definitely should be more tired than I am. Whatever.


So I dyed my hair yesterday. I know, I know....SHOCKER. Emily pointed out that I do this every 6 months or so and honestly, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. When I walked into Chris' house last night he said, "I like your hair" and then followed that comment up with, "Did you do it yourself?"
I'm really not sure if "Did you do it yourself?" is a good question. Generally, you don't want your hair to look like you went nuts with a box of $4 hair color (which is exactly what I did). I'm going to give my red hair one week...if it doesn't grow on me by then, I'll be writing about "Fun With Dark Brown Hair Color!" next weekend. 



Hmmmm....Julie is so right. I DO love songs the first time that I hear them. But really, what's NOT to love about this song???




Okay. I've got to stop writing and start eating. My stomach is a bit angry at me (I'm assuming, since it's growling pretty loud right now), so I need to have a breakfast-type appetizer. It needs to be an appetizer since Julie and Chris will be here in an hour to have some donut making fun. 
Mmmmm....donuts.


Oh. And I've been told that I am talking too much about the show Tough Love. So....
Tough Love.

There...I just had to mention it.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Okay... so I color my hair A LOT... so dont feel bad about it. Im betting you cant top my 7-dye jobs in one week record, so you're not out of control, yet. :) I actually went to get mine done for the first time in FOREVER cause Im super cheap. But I go to a kick ass beauty school here and it was $42 for a cut, lowlights and highlights. Not too shabby.

I LOVE the show Tough Love! The blonde girl, Jaqueline is actually from the same town in Oklahoma as the last guy I dated. He said her family is really rich (which she admitted on the show) and that they are like the Kennedy's of that town.

P.S. 43 days till VEGAS!