Saturday, April 4, 2009

NO MALLOWS?!?!?!?

I came downstairs this morning really craving some Lucky Charms (because they are magically delicious). I knew that Sam had raided the box on Thursday night, because I had woke up on Friday morning and found a few random charms on the floor. I looked in the cabinet and laughed pretty hard when I saw that the box was half gone and written on it was "GARY DID IT!!!".
When I saw that, I figured that she had just eaten half the box. This morning I came downstairs, poured a bowl and was horrified. Sam didn't just eat Lucky Charms, she went through the entire box and took out all of the marshmallows. Who eats Lucky Charms for the healthy-ish pieces?? No one. They may as well make a "Oops! All Marshmallows!" box of Lucky Charms.
Needless to say, I poured the bowl back in the box and poured myself a bowl of Rice Krispies. I'm going to be honest...it wasn't nearly as magically delicious. I'm kind of glad that Sam doesn't read my blog, well...EVER (because she's a busy mom who has time to pick every marshmallow out of a box of Lucky Charms, not because she hates me). She would probably make me delete this post.

Next subject! Last night...
Matt Wertz (sometimes referred to as "Wertzy" by, well, just my friends) was in town. Chris, Julie, and I had gotten to the Neighborhood Theatre pretty early because we were quite sure that there would be a line. Yeah...there wasn't a line. At all.
So we got in the doors at 8 and had our choice of seats. We chose the 5 seats against the wall, closest to the stage. Great show, blah, blah, blah....but I met a boy. Well, that sounds better than it actually was. He was the bouncer/security guard and I'm pretty sure he thought I was flirting to get us backstage (yeah, maybe I was...so what??). Oh, well...his friend got me a bottled water. What more could you ask for? Oh, yeah...to actually get backstage.
So this ex-ballet dancer is telling me about his life (I didn't know him well enough to tell him that I find smoking utterly disgusting and didn't understand why he told me that he's a smoker, like that's a good thing...) and he looked at me and said, "Contrary to what your friends and family say, you're a beautiful woman."
I must have shot him the most shocked look, because he quickly rebutted with, "Oh! That did not come out right...uhh, okay..."
Dictionary.com time!!!

con⋅trar⋅y   [kon-trer-ee; for 5 also kuhn-trair-ee] Show IPA adjective, noun, plural -trar⋅ies, adverb
–adjective
1. opposite in nature or character; diametrically or mutually opposed: contrary to fact; contrary propositions.
2. opposite in direction or position: departures in contrary directions.
3. being the opposite one of two: I will make the contrary choice.


First. How does he know what my friends/family are saying about me/my looks?

Second. Even if he DID know what my friends/family are saying...why would he tell me that he's going against everything they are saying by telling me that I'm beautiful?

Hmmmm....warm fuzzies all around.

I do feel a little bad that Mike and Thomas were asked to move away from me by Alex (the bouncer guy). I think he thought he was helping. He had been keeping a path open for me so that no one blocked my view of the performance. I'm not sure he knew that Mike and Thomas are my friends and if my view is going to be blocked by anyone, I hope it's my friends.


Alright. I'm watching Vh1 Top 20 Countdown like I do every Saturday morning and there is a brand new Jamie Foxx video. He obviously used his celebrity status to get other celebrities in his rap video. You know, celebrities like Jake Gyllenhaal, Forest Whitaker, Samuel L. Jackson....and Ron Howard.
What is Ron Howard doing in a rap video???

Youtube won't let me embed it (you know how I heart embedding videos on my blog), but if you want to check it out, go here (you only have to watch the first 46 seconds to experience all of the weirdness)....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYc875zkDxg

And yes, Jamie...I do blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-al-cohol...

Last week I said something about how I may love Carolina Liar. I really think I do now. Here you go...


Does anyone ever watch this videos I post? No???

Oh, well...that's cool.

4 comments:

Alison said...

I want someone to come up to me and say "Contrary to what your friends and family have told you...you arent a bitch at all"

And thank you, now I am craving Lucky Charms. Maybe I will go buy a box to eat tonight when Im home alone...with my cat...and my vodka.

saucybellum said...

Ha! Just make sure you don't mix your vodka and Lucky Charms. NOT a good combo. Believe me...I've been there...

whatnot said...

Hmmm....I'm not that familiar with Carolina Liar...probably because I'm old and out of the popular culture loop. But I have to say I can see why you like them. The lead singer has a nice voice and the fact that he's really easy on the eyes doesn't hurt,either.

As for Matt Wertz? He's cuter than Chad Wolf and he sings better. I'm jealous that you got to see him live.

And the comment about "contrary to what your friends and family say..."? You should have said to him, "Well I am in complete agreement to what YOUR friends and family say...you're a total douche bag."

saucybellum said...

Mom. Seriously. Chad Wolf looks like he's a crack addict.
It's okay...I forgive you. You must not have had your felt glasses on or something.
Yes, compared to Chad Wolf, Matt Wertz is better looking. Believe me...I won't be daydreaming about either of them, though.

I don't think calling someone a douche bag is nice (unless you've known them for over 2 hours), but I appreciate the suggestion! :)