Friday, May 29, 2009

I swear I don't tan too much.

This story is STILL referenced to this day...

4/1/2008

White is the new black...



So, I haven’t written on this thing for awhile, but quite honestly I haven’t had anything interesting to say (not that what I had to say before was all that interesting anyway).

This blog is dedicated to Carrie. If it weren’t for her asking the ingredients that go into hashbrown casserole, I wouldn’t have started craving hashbrown casserole, therefore I would not have gone to the store to buy the ingredients and this event would’ve never happened. (Geez...talk about a run on sentence)


I’m just going down the aisle, staring at the different variety of potatoes (do you know how many different kinds of frozen potatoes there are?!?!?!) and a middle-aged black man walks in front of me. He stopped and turned to me and mumbled something. I wasn’t really paying attention, seeing that I was totally engrossed in my potato selection. Here is our exchange....

Him: mumble, mumble, mumble
Me: "I’m sorry?"
Him: "Are you black or white?"
Me: "What???"
Him: "I said, ARE YOU BLACK OR WHITE??!?!?"
Me: "Ummm...white."
Him: "Oh, from your coloring you looked black."


What do you say to that?
"Why yes, I AM looking a bit black today. Have a good day!"



Oh, how I hope that I don’t get pulled over tomorrow from all that racial profiling that is going around....

No comments: