Thursday, June 3, 2010

Anytime, Alison (for the survey)

(This blog has nothing to do with Alison. I was just answering to her recent blog title. I suppose I could have just commented on her blog, but where's the fun in that?)

I've decided that today I'm going to comment on random news stories of the day. How lucky for you!

Dishwasher recall:
There was a picture of the inside of a dishwasher on the top news of MSN (slow news day, I guess). I love that my first reaction was, "Whoa! That's my dishwasher!"
But then I realized that there haven't been that many advances in dishwashers, so more than likely, it's not the same one. Especially since my dishwasher is from around 2003 and the recall applies to a different brand of dishwashers made after 2006.

The oil spill:
I just became a fan on Facebook of "There are plenty of fish in the sea. LOL, jk...there's an oil spill." I think that says a lot about how I find humor in completely inappropriate situations. Honestly, though...I think I have an "out of sight, out of mind" feeling about it (as I unfortunately do with most problems in the world). It probably won't bother me until it somehow ruins my beach vacation...and then BP is going to pay.

Armando Galarraga's stolen perfect game:
Everyone has seen it by now. Detroit's pitcher pitched a perfect game and the umpire made the wrong call during the last play of the game. My mind immediately went to how mad I would be if that (or something like that) happened to me. How did he respond? My favorite blogger put it best....
"Nobody's perfect, everybody's human." MLB pitcher after ump's horrific call ruined his perfect game. That is 3D grace.
I can only pray that if something like that (obviously not that exact situation) ever happens to me, I'll be able to show that much grace.
Talk about learning a lesson from baseball.

No comments: