Monday, January 19, 2009

Aren't you just dying to know what happened? No?? Too bad...

I'm going to pretend like no one knows how my "situations" turned out. Why? Because I have nothing else to write about and these things are still on my mind (pathetic, I know...).

Those pesky frozen pipes:

After I wrote about my frozen pipes on Saturday, I decided that I should do what I do best....ignore the problem and pray that it would resolve itself. So I left the house and got my hair cut (Which Sam has pointed out is too short. FYI....never tell someone that their hair is too short. There is nothing they can do about it. Too long=speak your mind. Too short=shut your mouth.) Deciding that I didn't give the frozen pipes enough time to self-resolve, I did something that I haven't done in quite awhile. I went to grocery shop at Wal-Mart. What was I thinking?!? Wal-Mart?!? On a Saturday morning!??! 
Yes, I got enough food for 2 months and I saved about $5,000 by going there, but still...not cool. I really don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand that you don't just stand in the middle of the aisle and talk on the phone. Hello??? There are people behind you...you've got to keep MOVING! Okay. I'm veering from my point, sorry...
After my trip to the store, I headed back home. To find......frozen pipes. 
Crap.
At this point, I got a phone call from Sam. I have to say, I love that when I call one of my best friends at 9am, I'll definitely get a return phone call before 4pm....maybe...if I'm lucky. She told me that she'd call right back after she asked Jim what to do. She called me back to tell me to call Jim and let him know exactly what was going on. About 30 seconds into the conversation, Jim said, "I'm not doing anything...it's too cold to play golf, I'll just come over and look at it."
It couldn't have been more than 8 minutes and Jim was under my sink with his toolbox. How do guys just know what to do? Within 20 minutes, the man blow-dried the heck out of that pipe and my water was working again. Yeah...why didn't I think of that? Because I don't have a penis, that's why...


My MIA MMLL:
This stuff has become liquid gold in my life. Who'd have ever thought? Minute Maid Light Lemonade? Really?!?
Yes. Really.
After letters to Harris Teeter and Target, I still have no answer. No one has even pretended to try to stock it or answer why it's gone to begin with. Want to know how awful my friend is (yeah...it's Sam again...)? Here's our conversation from yesterday:
Sam: Hey, you know that lemonade you really like?
Me (my heart is racing from the thought of her finding it somewhere): Yeah!?!
Sam: Do they have that at CVS, because Brian is there and...
Me: He found it!?!?!?!?
Sam: No. I don't know...I was just going to tell him to look for it.
Me: Oh, well that's really sweet. Yeah, tell him that if he finds it then to buy them out and I'll pay you guys back.
Sam: Oh. Well, I was just seeing if you knew if it was there. I mean...I really like that lemonade after having it at your house and I'm really kinda craving it. 
Me: So...you called me to see if I knew where it was?
Sam: Yeah.
Me: Don't you think that if I knew where it was I would go get it???
Sam: Yeah, I guess you would. Nevermind.
Me: I hope you find a beverage that you love more than anything you've ever tasted in your life and it is suddenly taken away. Jerk.

Okay...I really didn't say that last thing, but you better believe that I thought it.
So, there you go. I have yet to find it.

Oh! And I wanted to give a shout-out to New Friend Alison (it's an official title). She has gone from blog-friend to Facebook-friend and will hopefully become face-to-face friend soon. She offered to stockpile the stuff in Kansas. I'm scared that I may have to take her up on the offer. You know what, though? It will be really fun to say, "Alison and I became friends because of my love for lemonade....and Chris Stucky...but mainly just because of my love for lemonade."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! I made the bloggy blog!

Sorry to keep you waiting on my blog update. Its been a hectic week!