Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pretty good day.

I have been in talks with Margaux lately to hit up a brunch place. We had gone to Presto after work and although it was quite delicious (how can a half price pineapple upside down cake martini NOT be delicious???), Margaux recently pointed out to me that there is nothing better than brunch:
1. Breakfast is offered.
2. Lunch is offered.
3. It is perfectly acceptable (nay, you are encouraged) to drink.

She had the brilliant idea of going to the Terrace Cafe down in Southpark (go ahead and click on the link to check out the yummy stuff they offer) and if anyone hasn't been to this place, you should definitely give it a try. I would venture to say that it was the best bruschetta that I've ever had (and I've had some pretty quality bruschetta).

After I got home, I asked a friend how his day was going. He informed me that a guy in the drive-thru* line at McDonald's had gotten out of his car to yell at the poor (probably 17 year old) cashier. When he yelled out to the guy to get back in his car to move on, the guy threw his sandwich at him. Classic.
After he told me the story, he asked how my day was going. The only thing I could respond with was, "Good. I had brunch with a friend and no one threw a sandwich at me."

*Why does it make me cringe to type the word "thru"? I realize that it's a "legal" misspelling of a word, but really...why did we need to change the spelling of a word?? We already have threw and through...did we really need to add "thru" to the mix? Was it just to confuse 6th graders??? And while I'm on the subject (and I believe I've said this before, so I apologize if you've already heard this particular rant)...why can't greeting cards put "congratulations" in graduation cards and not "conGRADulations"? Do you know how many times I've seen that misspelled?? There is nothing quite like seeing, "Congradulations on the new baby!" on Facebook.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Banana Pecan French Toast?! Yummers!! They had me at rum maple syrup.