Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sarah's Key

So at 5am yesterday morning I was able to rally for the last day in a 10 day working streak. I threw on my jeans and my tennies (YAY FOR CASUAL FRIDAY!) and was out the door. I had my half of a peanut butter sandwich in one hand and a Diet Coke in the other...I was ready to go. Wait. Go. Like...in my car. Where the crap are my car keys???
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

My mind starting spinning out of control.
Who has a spare key?...Everyone who has moved away.
Do I have any of my windows unlocked?...No, I'm a single girl living alone, that would be ridiculous.
How do I break in?...I HAVE NO IDEA! I'M NOT A FELON!!!
Ohhh, it's getting so cold...maybe I should huddle up in the tool shed...but then I may get high from the paint fumes.
Who do I call at 6am?...Well, who is the only person on the planet who wouldn't hold it against me for calling at 6am?...Stupid question.......MIKE!!!!!!!

After trying (almost comically) to open the door with a gift card for about 20 minutes, I decided that it was time to text Mike. Was he still in bed? Of course. But guess who was to my house by 7am?
When I got in his (thankfully, very warm) car, I started furiously texting Emily to ask if she could overnight me a key. Unfortunately, in my panic, I forgot that Texas is in a different time zone. After she woke up, she let me know that she would get the spare key sent to me that very morning.

That night, after Mike left me his car so I could get home from work, I got to Beth and Mike's and found a bathroom filled with every kind of toiletry item that I would ever need. They had tickets to see Billy Elliot, so it was just me and Sammy and a bottle of vino.
Apparently, I had fallen asleep while watching Comedy Central and Sammy woke me up around 11pm. I stumbled my way into bed and around 2am, Sammy was very clearly trying to wake me up to tell me something. Once I woke up, she went into the guest bathroom and started getting into stuff. When I got out of bed to check out what was going on, Sammy took me into the kitchen. I didn't realize until this morning that she was trying to show me that she wanted me to leash her up and take her outside.
Whoops!

My key was to Beth's house by 10am and Beth, Mike, and I headed to 131 Main before they dropped me off at my place.

On a recent episode of Cougar Town, Laurie made up a reason why she had to stay the night at Jules' house because she just wanted to spend time with her friend. Now, in no way did I purposely lock myself out of my house, but in a tiny way...I'm kind of glad I did. It was an awesome reminder as to what kind of friends I have and how much I have to be thankful for.



No comments: