Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where have I been???

I realized how long it had actually been since I've blogged when I was sitting at work this week and Jackie (who isn't known for checking this thing very often) said, "Whoa. It's been awhile since you've been on the ol' blog, huh?"

Okay, so maybe I missed the whole month of July....and half of August. So what? I've been busy (-ish). Here is my attempt to catch up...

Amanda and Oliver's Wedding
On June 6th, one of my oldest friends in Charlotte (I can't remember a time that I lived in Charlotte and didn't know Piel...errr...Berger...) got married to a guy that I've known almost as long. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding and it's true that a picture is worth a thousand words, so...

I just got an email from Amanda saying that Oliver has been transferred to Mexico for work for the next 6 months, so I'm thinking it's time I got a passport...


Atlanta
The weekend of June 27th, Chris and I went to Atlanta for a Red Sox/Braves game. I'm not really known for my memory, but I do remember a few things about this trip....

Peachtree Road/Street/Boulevard/Lane/Sidewalk- This is quite possibly the most annoying thing about Atlanta. EVERYTHING is named Peachtree. I had heard this about Atlanta before I had ever been, but I really didn't get the full magnitude of the situation until we had to find the intersection of Peachtree and Piedmont. Apparently Piedmont intersects with a number of Peachtrees (we finally found what we were looking for after our third Piedmont/Peachtree intersection). While Chris and I were in Atlanta for a baseball game, Sam and Lulu were in Atlanta for their beloved Container Store. We were searching for this intersection so that we could meet them for dinner at...

Aquaknox- I don't know if I've ever been to a restaurant with so much ambiance. Okay, I'm just saying that because that's what Sam was searching for. It was a pretty great restaurant with a wide variety of fishes to choose from. I have to say that I was quite jealous of Chris' filet and mashed potatoes. Mmmmmm....potatoes...

Hilton- After dinner we went back to Sam and Lulu's hotel to have dessert and drinks. There is something to be said for not adventuring out into the world and just hanging out at a hotel bar. Which brings me to my next subject...

Saturday Outfits and Sunday Clothes- I noticed something a little odd about the hotel bar at our hotel. When I got the hotel room, I just said I wanted at least a 3 star hotel in downtown Atlanta. I later found out that I should have asked for the Buckhead area of Atlanta, but that's beside the point. I'm going to say this the nicest way possible....it looked like a whorehouse in the lobby. During the day it was lovely, but the moment the sun went down...LOOK OUT. There were dirty (or dirrrty) guys and the hos that love them (or at least the hos that would love them for the night). The best part about this was the fact that the next morning (Sunday), those same people were dressed for church. Three piece suits and all. It amazed me that when they were packing their suitcases, they put their church clothes next to their skanky lycra ensembles.

The Game- It was HOT. Wait. Let me reiterate. It was HOTTTTTTTTTTTT. Our ice cream definitely melted. Is it sad that the few things I remember about the game is that it was unbearably hot and our ice cream melted? Oh! And one of the players threw the crowd Terry Francona's Dubble Bubble. Hey...I do have a great memory!



Going Home- What can I say? We found an outlet mall and saw one of Earnhardt's old cars (the latter I was less excited about). Life doesn't get much better.


Alright, that's enough catch-up for today.

No comments: