Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blessed May.

As I'm looking through my pictures, I'm realizing what a huge, huge month May was. 

The beginning of May was spent in NYC with my mom, Laura, and some of my mom's friends. It was my first time in the Big Apple (why do people call it that??) and I had a great time. 
I had written about my trip on my Myspace blog (don't worry, people...I'm not writing on that silly ol' thing anymore...), but if you want to read about my trip (or rather, the common theme  in every musical on Broadway) you can go here:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=28204484&blogID=404970263

(Yeah...I'm not sure how to make that a clickable link...you're going to have to use your cut and paste skillz with that one, sorry...)

On May 10th (says my handy iPhoto program) I went with Scott, Sheesh, Julie, and Thomas to Tavern on the Tracks.
On May 17th I went with Chris, Beth, Mike, and Marc to the Double Door to see Steady Rollin' Bob Margolin. I don't really remember much from that night (Don't you love that I keep telling you all of these events and all I can say is, "I don't remember"??), but I'm pretty sure it was a good time...

On May 24th, a bunch of people went to Wild Wing Cafe to have some drinks. That night produced one of my favorite pictures. I still can't really explain why I love it so much...I guess because Chris, Marc, and Mike had their arms crossed the exact same way and they had the same expression (or expressionless look, rather) on their faces. In no way was this posed...I just remember Julie whispering to me, "Take a picture, take a picture!!!" 
And so that's what I did (I'm a bit of a follower like that)...

The last week of May was a bit of a blur. I had gone out to dinner with Em and Dan, they talked me into moving into Emily's place, and I went home to tell Adam. I told him that I'd be out before he got back from the Bahamas (which meant I had one week to get out). 

On May 31st, Brian, Chris, Thomas, and Mike came over to help me move all of my stuff to Cornelius. I really don't know what I would have done without them. I can scream all I want that I don't need a man, but seriously...when stuff gets heavy (literally...boxes=heavy), I need a man. In this case....four GREAT men. 

That night, I went over to Marc's house for Mike's birthday party (oh, yes...even when he should have been celebrating his birthday, Mike was at my apartment helping me move...you have no idea how nice this guy is). 

So. There you have it. A pretty life-changing month.

No comments: