Monday, November 24, 2008

He Started It.

This being the week of Thanksgiving, I realized that I need to wrap up my whole "Sarah's THANKFUL!" thing. I'm thinking that this week will just be a week o' thankfulness. So...if you don't want to read about me being thankful, it's best you just skip this week...

I'm actually surprised that I've gone as long as I have without writing about Brian Fisicaro. I know I've written about him in earlier blogs, but I don't think I've really explained the impact he's had on me. Within the last year and a half, Brian has taken on a major role in my life. Not only is he one of my very best friend's husband, but he has become a very, very dear friend to me. Someone I can count on for anything...
Moving all of my crap? Sure! 
Dropping off medicine because I can't move? Why not?!? 
Sharing his best friends with me? Of course!

That last one still amazes me. I come from a place where people don't like you fraternizing with their friends. Their friends are just that...theirs. You don't talk to them unless you are given consent to do so. I had always thought that rule was dumb, but I seemed to be the minority in that thinking, so I just thought I was weird for thinking that the rule was weird. Well, until I became friends with Brian. The man introduced me to some of his best friends (which have become some of my best friends) and actually encourages me to hang out with them. I realize that isn't a big deal to you, dear blog reader, but for me....it's HUGE. That would have NEVER happened 2 years ago. 
There are times when you realize what you have in your friends. On my birthday this year, I wanted all of my friends to go out to dinner at 131 Main and then head downtown. I didn't know it at the time, but my birthday was the same night as Brian's best friend Thomas' birthday party. Brian showed up to my pre-dinner drinks with Thomas and Chris before they left to go downtown. That in itself was so nice, but then it got even sweeter...when most of my friends up at the lake abandoned me (with the exception of Sam and Emily), the guys invited us downtown with them to combine birthday parties. They barely knew me at the time, but the guys saved me from having a completely miserable birthday. And then Brian...being the great guy that he is...added on about 45 minutes to his trip home and dropped me off at my place back in Mooresville AND dropped off my friend Emily at her place.  If you look up "Great Guy" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Brian...the third brother that God meant to give me.  He's an amazing husband to Sam, an amazing father to Will and Daniel, and an amazing friend to me and I am so, so lucky to have him in my life. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO grateful to Brian as well for bringing you it my life!!!!