Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oh, Bunny.

Emily Buxton.

Sometimes things in your life change very gradually where you don't realize it is happening, then you look back and see how far you've come. This is not true when it comes to the subject of Emily in my life. 

Many people know the story of how Emily and I met. If you don't, let me catch you up in a shortened version...
Sarah is getting her hoo-hoo (or is it who-who...or who-hoo??) waxed at Lauren's house (don't worry...Lauren is actually trained to do such painful things)...her client (Emily) walks in while Sarah is just getting finished up...Sarah has had a couple glasses of wine so the waxing won't hurt so bad...Sarah invites Emily in and says, "We're going to be best friends!"...Emily is completely sober and laughs. The end.

Em and I became close after that, having a regular Sunday date of church then lunch. She saw me through so much stuff....the biggest being when she was getting transferred to Boston for work. I will never forget it...
Emily, Dan (her boyfriend), and I were having dinner at Brickhouse and Emily told me that I needed to move out on my own and that I should move into her townhouse since she was not going to sell it. I did my classic, "Oh...I'll think about it" (meaning, "no") and Dan said to me, "I bet you can't leave, can you?"
Oh. It. Was. On.
He just told me that I had the inability to do something! That night, I told Adam that I was moving out. Then proceeded to go cry on Em's shoulder. She was there. She is always there. She will always be there. You don't just lose those kinds of friends in your life. 
Because of Emily, I am completely different than I was at the beginning of this year. How do you thank someone for that?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Em with me! =)